Sunday 7 May 2017

SWOT Analysis: Who Am I at the First Semester of Level 5?


Long time ago, I paired up with Dan for the SWOT Analysis. Dan has been my partner for the Character and Narrative brief that runs throughout the first semester. I realised just a day before PPP hand in that I have not made a post on this. This analysis is a good guideline for my personal development because it is not made by me, it comes from a person who I work with for a few good months, and therefore it is more valuable. Instead of finding a way to apply the SWOT analysis into my creative practice. In this blogpost, I am reflecting on the progress that I have made based on the SWOT analysis by the end of second year. 

Throughout the second semester, I have been focusing on addressing my weaknesses while dismissing all the 'Opportunities' that Dan have written down for me. It is not done begrudgingly, but I feel that I have digressed a lot in terms of my creative ambition for second semester. 

I did well in terms of addressing weakness such as being really slow. I have become much faster when it comes to idea generation and animating with experience juggling the work between Responsive Individual Briefs and the COP Module, in which I produced a loopdeloop animation with a decent concept in just 2 days. Familiarity in using animation techniques is definitely a factor that determines how fast I can complete an animation. 

Stylised loopdeloop animation


As for putting emotions into my animation, I considered it for my loopdeloop Cute animation and the hand painted background for Applied. I find it more straightforward channeling my emotions through brushstrokes on a piece of paper rather than through animation just because I can't really see the outcome immediately especially when I am doing a hand drawn animation. I still have a long way to go when it comes to putting emotions into movements, but I am passionate to learn more about it.

loopdeloop Cute animation


These are the two weaknesses that I have been addressing because I feel that they are the most prominent one. I don't think I can address short attention span and being a very opinionated art snob, while I can perhaps work on creative writing in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment