Friday 13 April 2018

Painting Commission

I was traumatised from facing a difficult client who asks for a commissioned wedding stationery, yet here I am doing another project related to wedding. What a masochist! Well, the good thing about this painting commission is that it is more of a smaller scale, and I have the creative freedom to experiment with colours which I like a lot: pastels and bright colours. 

Throughout the project, I have learnt from past mistakes and make sure to set the expectations with the client. I also found out that for a shape-based painting, it will be nice to create the digital version of the roughs and try to put in colours. I wouldn't do it if I were to do my own painting, but this is an efficient workflow as I can show progress to the client and make sure she likes the colour palette.

These are the two mock-ups I made for her:


 She liked the nude coloured one better:



I forgot to scan the finished painting, so here a photo doesn't really do it justice to the final product:


I also did some mini paintings, one of which is meant to go in the packaging. I have also written a congratulatory message at the back to the married couple. They said they really like the painting and they will frame it for their new house after it is shipped. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment