Saturday 21 April 2018

Update on Job Applications

During Easter break, I have attempted to apply for The Royal Institute Animator in Residence position and Moth Animation Studio's summer internship programme. They are all London-based as a tutor has recommended me that it is easier to find an animation job with a more than 23k a year in London than in the vicinity of Leeds.

The Royal Institute offers a residency for an animator who are passionate about bringing scientific discovery to the public. I am interested in applying as I enjoyed making animation based on real facts recorded in their sound archives. The reason for applying to the Moth internship is quite similar as I am keen to learn their way of telling the emotive aspect of a real story through the illustrative animation aesthetic.

I didn't get the two positions I am applying for, but at least the production assistant from Moth has bothered to reply and gave me a heads up on the timeline of the application process.

Another position that I am aware of, but I have decided not to apply to is Matt Blease's studio Internship. Matt Blease is a London-based illustrator who does minimalistic line work illustration and also did a handful of motion graphic animations in the style of his drawings. I didn't apply in the end because he focuses on trivialities of daily life, while I am looking for a more serious themes to work with.

a sample of Matt Blease's work




No comments:

Post a Comment