Friday 13 April 2018

Online Resources

I have decided to look up for more sources online rather than sulking about the problem of not having enough one-to-one guidance from the tutor. Instagram is a really good platform to find information especially about websites for creatives through people's stories and informal chats with recent graduates.


Online Sources

The Creative Independent

A website by Kickstarter which focuses on posting about personal growth as an artist and have an independent artistic career personally and practically. Kickstarter has curated a handful of essays and interviews about the ups and downs in artistic career, inspiration and how-tos. I found convenience finding informations in this website as quality information is shared for free.


An explanation of how to apply for grants. Provides guidelines and considerations that can be relevant for the LAU Graduate Scheme business pitch.

Applying for Grants

Applying for grants

Applying for grants

I have also looked into financial planning guide, too. Although similar to the cost-of-living calculator lecture, it provides clearer explanation in the break down of how to manage income so that it compounds as an artist. Also, gave a brief introduction to investing and considerations of terms, conditions and risks. I find investing could be useful for my sustainable practice in the long run if I have earn a stable income. So that, ideally, I could have savings for personal projects. Although the cons of investing is I have to do a lot of research about things I wanted to invest my money on, which takes time I could work on some other creative stuff. Furthermore, it could also lead to addiction.

Financial Planning

Financial Planning


If You Could
If You Could is a website by It's Nice That which advertises jobs in arts and design. I have been looking for motion graphic and designer jobs listed below which could potentially pass for the income eligibility for Tier 2 application (yearly salary of £23,200). Will start crafting an email in the next few weeks for the positions. Still have to look up whether internationals are eligible to apply and for the companies at the 'A-listed sponsor' list certified by the Home Office so the applications made are not going into waste. Will update as over the weekends as I got further information about the jobs.

Job Hunting notes from https://ifyoucouldjobs.com/

Anyways

I have signed up for Anyways' free newsletter and case studies for more insights, jobs and collaboration opportunities. Anyways is a sister agency of It's Nice That, a UK-based website featuring creative inspiration for contemporary artists and designers.




No comments:

Post a Comment