Sunday 8 May 2016

Edinburgh College of Art Print Fair (24/03/2016)

During the Spring break, I went to Edinburgh and visits different art venues, one of which is Edinburgh College of Art as they are having an Open Day and Print Fair that is open for public. 


Me and my friends talked to some of the artists who are selling zines and prints, and they passionately explained their artwork to us. Coming to the print fair encouraged me to have more enthusiasm for the work that I am doing. Although I don't have any physical product to be showcased, I could use online platform such as Vimeo to create an online portfolio to talk about my work.



I gravitate to alternative culture, such as collecting zines and admiring contemporary installation art, which many thinks as pointless and pretentious. It is an eye opening experience to see artists' work as each of them informs different beliefs held by the artist. Hence, made me aware of and able to appreciate other people's opinion. Also, it gave me a food for thought on the subject matter incorporated in the artworks.






No comments:

Post a Comment