Saturday 7 May 2016

Run Baby Run

Recently, I've been reading Juztapoz's website, which reviews contemporary art and culture. I found this peculiar animation of baby running as I was browsing the page. Initially, I thought it was just a dodgy CGI animation, such as those on YouTube where people make a model with Maya and contorted it, but the people making this actually went for the extra miles of 3D printing the baby figures and took it outdoor to make a stop-motion animation. 


Going back to the old way of making animation while still utilising cutting edge technology has become a trend in the animation industry. It gives back the fun in making animation and adds more value to the film itself because of its unconventional making process. I would like to engage myself in this sort of process because it gives me the opportunity to creatively combine different medium instead of restricting myself to solely rely on cutting edge software to make an animation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment